The Service Account Manager is a member of our Commercial Lines Team, reporting to the Director Client Services and Carrier Relations. This role is the primary contact to commercial clients, accountable to provide “superior client service” for day to day requirements and free up Consultants’ from service issues (SHO-Service Hand Off).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage the renewal process, including but not limited to transmitting the submissions to market, negotiation of coverages and pricing, binding, invoicing and updating detail in the system. Proposals are to be completed at least seven (7) days prior to effective date or date requested by Consultant or Client, whichever is earlier.
- Provide prompt, courteous, professional, same-day responses to clients’ and carriers’ requests received through phone, fax, email and coworkers. Update the system to reflect changes.
- Meet with “A” clients several times annually to develop stronger relationships between the account manager and the account manager’s direct client contact.
- Coordinate with consultant to complete service schedules and stewardship reports on all BCH “A” and “B” accounts.
- Invoicing of all renewals to be completed timely in the renewal month.
- Held accountable to understand and comply with department and agency procedures.
- Must possess integrity, ability and willingness to continue to learn, have drive, ambition and a positive attitude.
- Client focused – interprets the handling of the clients’ calls, needs, requests to the clients’ satisfaction as the purpose for the existence of this job position.
- Must possess the ability to be self-reliant and self-directed.
- Exceptional attention to detail is required.
- Analytical skills, good with numbers (math), good decision-making abilities, able to manage, organize and multi-task large volumes of work with the ability to delegate in a friendly demeanor.
- Strong automation skills, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years commercial insurance agency experience as an account manager involved in mid-size commercial accounts (10,000-50,000 in revenue.)
- Currently holds or is in the process of obtaining or committed to obtaining an insurance designation such as CIC or CPCU. Preferred, at minimum, Commercial Casualty and Property sections previously completed to either CIC or CPCU and INS, ACSR or CISR designation already obtained.
- Solicitors License or Texas Agent’s License is required
- Above average knowledge of Commercial Property and Casualty Coverages
- Working knowledge of Claims Made Coverage
Special Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team structure as a team member/team player
- Mid-Senior level
- Project Management
For additional information, please visit LinkedIn.